I love a good guest post and I was delighted when Joy agreed to write one for me. When I knew it was going to be a recipe for chocolate ganache tart, I was even more excited. I can’t wait to try this recipe out myself! Enjoy 🙂
Can we talk about this weather we’ve had lately? Okay, I don’t know what the weather is like in other parts of the world but this part of Pennsylvania has experienced near bliss. Well, when it hasn’t been raining like the clouds watched the last episode of Friends. Anyway, this perfectly breezy and sunny sky is therapeutic and somewhat habit inducing…or addictive. I don’t know but I’ve had way too many cups of Lady Grey tea with the windows wide open and my face planted into a book. The only thing that could make these warm days any better would be chocolate.
I wanted to make something to pair with my tea that was just as indulgent as my peaceful lounge but as refreshing as the cool air that blew through the screens of my windows. My first thought was to chomp down on an oversized chocolate bar and make myself feel better with fruit but I took the slightly more sophisticated route and turned it into a treat that I could share.
This tart is crazy good. A rich chocolate ganache filling that sits on a crumbly brown sugar crust and topped with a fresh and super simple strawberry sauce that will knock your socks off. And it’s so easy to make! The hardest part will be waiting for that rich creamy filling to cool in the fridge but I look at it as a reason to sneak in a few more chapters before I chow down. You’re welcome.
So pick a good seat, turn a few pages, sip a good tea and top it all off with this chocolate tart and yummy strawberry sauce. AFTER you’ve followed these directions.
- 8 tablespoons of melted butter
- ¼ cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1½ cups of all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 12oz of semi-sweet chocolate, chopped or in chips
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of fine salt
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 pound of hulled strawberries
- 1 ½ tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size bowl, combine sugars, salt and melted butter and stir. Add flour and mix until all flour is incorporated. Dough should be silky but holds together when pinched in between your fingers.
- Turn dough over into a 9 inch tart pan or pie plate and press evenly into bottom and up the sides of the pan. I used the back of my measuring cup to smooth it out.
- Cover with plastic wrap or foil and let cool in refrigerator for 30 mins.
- After 30 minutes, prick dough all over with a fork and bake until golden brown, 20 - 25 minutes.
- When done, set aside to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, add heavy cream, sugar and salt. Turn on medium low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Heat cream until small bubbles begin to form around the edges, do not boil. Approximately 4 minutes.
- While cream is heating, add chocolate to a large mixing bowl and dot with butter. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and butter and let it sit until butter and chocolate is melted. Approximately 3 minutes.
- Stir mixture until smooth and shiny and pour immediately into cooled crust and put in the refrigerator to set. About 2 -2 ½ hours.
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and frothy. Strawberry sweetness varies so, add sugar and honey to desired sweetness.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to top your tart!